You’ll find a strong stable of mortgage companies in the Kansas City area, regardless of which side of State Line Road you look. The challenge? Sifting through the plethora of options.
To make the process easier, NerdWallet researched the local market to find some of the best national and regional mortgage lenders for a variety of borrowers. These companies do business throughout the area and are good places to start your search.
NerdWallet’s best Kansas City mortgage lenders
» MORE: See the best Missouri mortgage lenders
Local mortgage lenders in Kansas City
The following companies haven’t been reviewed by NerdWallet, but they do a lot of business in the Kansas City metropolitan area. They’re worth investigating if you’re looking for more options.
- Good for borrowers looking for a homegrown credit union.
- Offers membership to Kansas City area residents, workers and employees of select companies outside the area.
- Has an adjustable-rate loan available with no down payment for first-time home buyers.
- Offers FHA, USDA and VA mortgages, as well as fixed-rate home equity lines of credit.
- Has two mortgage-lending locations in the Kansas City area.
- Has an online application available.
- Makes its lending decisions locally.
- Good for borrowers looking for a full suite of fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage options.
- Allows you to start an application online.
- Offers FHA, USDA and VA mortgages.
- Offers no and low down payment options, including a special program for physicians.
- Good for borrowers looking for online conveniences.
- Has an online application and displays mortgage rates on its website.
- Has programs available for low- and moderate-income home buyers.
- Offers construction loans and combined purchase and renovation loans.
Best mortgage lenders in Kansas City: summary
More from NerdWallet
Financial News Go